London Ontario Tourist and Visitor Tips information, listings and links
Here are some quick suggestions for visitors with limited time in the area: The schedule is only a suggestion -- you may have more fun, or wish to take more time than mentioned below.
Hamilton - First Day
This should give you a good overview of the city, its heritage and culture in the downtown & waterfront area. Here are our picks for the must-see attractions in Hamilton:
Hamilton - Second Day
On your second day in Hamilton, you can explore the suburban communities that show case the beauty of the Niagara Escarpment and the history of Hamilton.
- Stoney Creek
- Niagara Penninsula
Hamilton - Additional Tours
If you have more than two days in Hamilton, here are some recommended tours to nearby attractions:
- Brantford is not only a beautiful community, on the banks of the Grand River, but it is the location of the Alexander Bell Homestead, where the telephone was invented, and has the Six Nations reserve adjoining.
- Take a tour of the steel plants in the city (Dofasco: , Stelco: ) to see how steel is made and used.
- head to the Niagara to visit the many wineries, and sample their wares.
- Head to the African Lion Safari, just north of the city
- Head south to Lake Erie, around the community Leamington and Point Peelee